Wednesday 15 May 2013

BONES OF KINGS

BONES OF KINGS
It is stated that once a king went hunting but was left behind by his companions. While looking for his companions, the king spotted a weak and unhappy young man who was examining some human bones. The king asked, "How did you become like this and what are you doing in this deserted and frightening place all alone?" The young man replied, " I'm in such a state because I have a long journey ahead of me. Two Angles which have been appointed over me (in the form of day & night) are after me and are scaring me and making me run forward. Meaning that whatever days and night pass, they are taking me closer to death. Ahead of me I see a dark grave full of pain. Ah! Soon I will be left in it to rot and burn. It will be full of discomfort and worries. There I will become food for insects, my bones and their joints will be taken apart. This isn't the end though, after this there is also the Day of Judgement which will be more ferocious. After all this I don't even know whether I will be sent to Heaven or Allah (az'zawajal) forbid into Hell. You tell me, how can somebody who knows all this live so happily and safely?" After hearing this, the king was gripped by sadness and grief. The king got off from his horse and sat in front of the young man and said, " Oh young man, your words have snatched all my comfort and have taken my heart in their control. I want to know more." The young man said, " These bones that you see collected in front of me are the bones of such kings who fell into the trap of this world. They themselves conquered people, whilst arrogance conquered their hearts. These people stayed ignorant of the Hereafter. All their desires are left unfulfilled and their blessings stopped. In the graves, their skins have burnt and rotted away whilst their bones have been left unneeded and separated from each other. Soon, their bones will gain life and will again be covered with flesh and they will receive according to their deeds either a house of blessing ( Heaven) or a house of torment (Hell). After saying this, the young man disappeared and the king couldn't find him anywhere. When the servants found the king they saw his facial expression of emptiness and big tears flowing down his cheeks. When the night came, the King took off his luxurious clothes and wrapped himself in two blankets and went into the jungle to do the worship of Allah (Az'zawajal). After this time nobody heard form that King ever again( rahmatullahi ta'ala alaihima).
(From Books Bones of  Kings) 





No comments:

Post a Comment